Monday, January 7, 2013

In Focus | National Geographic Photo Contest 2012

Photo © Ulrich Lambert/National Geographic Photo Contest
In Focus, the photography blog of The Atlantic, has just announced this year's National Geographic photo contest. I prefer featuring In Focus than the National Geographic's because its images are much larger (up to 1280 px).

The contest received more than 22,000 entries from over 150 countries, and In Focus showcased the winners from the three categories of People, Places, and Nature, with the captions provided by the photographers. 

Readers of this blog know my antipathy for photography contests, but I always keep an eye on two; TPOTY (The Travel Photographer Of The Year) and The National Geographic, which I think are the most legitimate of all the contests out there.

I took a look at the submissions and the results, and since this blog is all about my pontifications, I won't disappoint you. My favorite to have won the overall contest, in my judgment, should've been Ulrich Lambert's Sri Lanka's traditional stilt fishermen, which was made in Midigama, a surfer's paradise at the southern tip of the island.


No comments:

Post a Comment