Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lance Rosenfield: Thirst For Grit

Photograph © Lance Rosenfield-All Rights Reserved

I occasionally post travel and documentary photography projects "made in America", and I recently thought it was time for one...so I'm glad that Lance Rosenfield's marvelous B&W photo essay "Thirst For Grit" came to my attention at just the right moment.

Thirst for Grit is about the bull and bronc riders who travel from one rodeo to the next and who, as Lance poetically describes them, "these men tango with beasts, they dance with the devil, they ride". I longed for ambient sounds of the rodeos supplementing Lance's terrific images, but I guess we may have to wait for another project.

Lance Rosenfield is a freelance commercial and editorial photographer (and a storyteller) based in Austin, Texas. He has published work in The New York Times, The Digital Journalist and The Seattle Times, among other publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment