Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mornflake Cereals - A Lovely Surprise!

A wonderful array of very tempting breakfast cereals from Mornflakes arrived in the post this week - eight different ones, ranging from muesli to porridge oats. Also in the parcel there was a hessian shopping bag, a brochure containing recipes, product information, photographs and a press release.

To celebrate Mornflakes 333rd anniversary, this Cheshire based family business are relaunching their range of oat cereals. Not everyone has heard of them, including myself, but they are trying to spread the word. Their products should be on the shelves nationwide, anytime now. The company pride themselves on being the UK's oldest milling experts.

I taste tested a sample of the products Kate from Mornflakes sent to me, and not one of them disappointed. Thank you for this introduction to your products, I know when I have eaten my way through them, I will certainly be looking out for Mornflakes in the supermarket.

All of the cereals were crispy, crunchy and full of excellent quality ingredients. I poured milk over mine, and just for good measure put a dollop of home made yogurt on top! Well, how else would I eat them?

Here are samples of some of the products I taste tested:

Mornflake Very Berry Oatbran Flakes: Crunchy oatbran flakes with freeze-dried cherries, raspberries and strawberries.



Mornflake Extra Crispy Muesli with Date, fig and apple: Toasted wheatflakes, wholegrain, oatflakes, toasted rye flakes, mixed seeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, also roasted hazelnuts and almonds.



















Extra Crispy Muesli Swiss-style with apple: Toasted wheatflakes, wholegrain oatflakes, raisins, roasted hazelnuts and almonds and dried apple








Mornflakes Superfast Oats: I made rhubarb crumble with this product from a recipe sent to me by Mornflakes and picked the rhubarb fresh from my garden. This healthy recipe was a winner and will definitely be one I make again in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment