Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wood Trekker Social Media

I want to start off by thanking all of you, the readers, who take the time to read my ramblings. I know that on some computers it has been hard to see the “Followers” box. It seems to be an issue with Blogger (the hosting service I am using), but blog is now up to 108 followers, and averages over 1000 hits a day. I have been trying to make the site more accessible, and have made some expansions. I am not in any way technologically savvy, so please forgive any technical difficulties.

Mobile Device Compatibility-As you may remember, a few months back I started using a format that would be easier to read on mobile devices. If you access the blog from your phone or tablet, you should see a simplified version of the blog which is easier to read. If you wish to switch to regular view, just click the “web view” button on the bottom of the page that appears on your mobile device. There are still some formatting issues with spaces after each picture, but I am working on it.

Email-As has been from the beginning of the blog, you can always reach me at woodtrekker2010@gmail.com. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Twitter-Wood Trekker is now on Twitter. The username is WoodTrekker2010. You will see a Twitter widget on the lower right hand side of the blog. If you click on “join the conversation” it will take you to my page where you can follow me if you chose to do so.

Facebook-Wood Trekker now also has a Facebook page. I should be able to publish all ongoing posts to the facebook page as well for those who find it easier to view the posts through that site. To go to the Facebook page, either search "Wood Trekker" on Facebook, or click on the Facebook box at the lower right hand side of the blog.

YouTube-I do have a YouTube channel, although I have not generated any content for it. If at some point I manage to buy a good video camera, I’ll try to make some videos and post them up. The channel’s name is Wood Trekker, but my user name on YouTube is rg598 (same user name I use for Bushcraft USA and BladeForums). You can see the channel here.

The main source of content will continue to be this blog. The other social media sources will be there simply to make it easier to access the information. Again, thank you all for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment