Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cartmel Summer Fruit Pudding: Review


The lovely people at Cartmel Village Shop have sent me two puddings to review, Lemon Drizzle and Summer Fruit Pudding


It was difficult to choose which pudding I should try first, I tossed a coin and it landed on heads for Summer Fruit Pudding. I know the Lemon Drizzle Pudding should have been reviewed first, but hey ho, sometimes it's good to be different.  The sun was shining yesterday, my fruit bushes are all in bud, and Summer Fruit Pudding definitely has the feelgood factor.  It is a healthy pudding, with no fat, full of fruity goodness and even those who don't normally eat pudding will be won over.

Whilst the summer fruits are infused with Belvoir Elderflower Cordial, it doesn't overpower the fruit. The bread layers are soaked in raspberry, strawberry, redcurrant and blackcurrant juice.  The pudding cuts well and is neither too tart or too sweet.  All of the fruit is tasty, plump and excellent quality.  I served my pudding with pouring cream. Today, on recommendation from Cartmel Village Shop,  I served the other half of the pudding with creme fraiche - delicious.

A transportable pudding for picnics, a great pudding to eat after a hearty meal, and can be bought in advance and stored in the freezer.


This beautiful summer pudding serves 4 people and weighs 450g. 

Thank you to Cartmel Village Shop for another perfect pud. My Lemon Drizzle pudding review will be on here very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment