Friday, June 22, 2012

Dual Survival Season 3 – Drama!

So, I’ve been trying to keep you guys updated about news regarding the upcoming season of Dual Survival. As I have already mentioned, Dave Canterbury will not be returning, and will be replaced by another former soldier. Apparently he has not been on any show yet.

20994_1059

Well, last week Cody Lundin issued another statement regarding the cast change. Here is what he had to say:

“As has already been publicly confirmed, Dave Canterbury is no longer a part of Dual Survival. This fact has been true since September of 2011.

I have faced many questions regarding this change and much has been said on the internet as well. Any inquiries regarding this matter should be directed to Discovery Channel. However, since I have no doubt that the questions will continue, and I have an ethical and professional responsibility to do so, I am making the following statement.

The goal of the survival instructor is to keep people alive. To accomplish this goal, honesty, integrity, trust and competence must come first. These core values cannot be compromised or people’s lives are needlessly put at risk. In a profession where human lives are at stake, dishonesty about ones background and experience is an inexcusable breach of trust.

I have dedicated my life to this profession. It is my passion and livelihood and I have spent the past 23 years developing expertise in it. I hold the responsibility of being a survival skills instructor as sacred. It is incumbent upon all of us in this field to insist that the highest standards of honesty, integrity and honor are maintained at all times.

For all of the aforementioned reasons, I am proud to work with my new Dual Survival partner as we take the show to even greater levels. This is my final statement on the matter at this time. To my fans and to those who have offered support during this very challenging time, I offer my greatest gratitude and thanks.

Cody Lundin”

Now, if the above statement sounds overly dramatic to some of you, it is. It is a not so subtle jab at Dave. Those of you who have been around for a few years remember that a while back there was a whole lot of drama regarding the military record of Dave Canterbuty. Some people alleged that he had exaggerated his military background in his resume. Dave more or less admitted that he had done so, but had corrected it. I imagine that the above statement speaks to this issue.

I also think that there must have been some additional falling out between Cody and Dave. While misrepresenting one’s military record is an abhorrent act, it has little direct bearing on survival in the woods. There were probably some other issues between the two of them that caused this resentment. Either that, or Cody takes what he does way too seriously for a man with no shoes. :) I’m sure more details will come out over time.

Either way, I look forward to watching the new guy. I’m sure it will continue to be a fun show.

No comments:

Post a Comment