Find your own unique way to support Tart for the Troops whether this is at work, with friends or having a fun tarts and tea party! How about baking some tarts and selling them to help raise money for their charity. Tarts for Troops is a fun and easy way to support Blind Veterans UK. Just visit www.tartsfortroops.org.uk to register and for plenty of recipes and tips to make your event a huge success!
This year I have made Individual Pear Tarts - they are easy to make from just a few store cupboard and fridge ingredients.
|Individual Pear Tarts best served warm with a dollop of ice cream.|
Quarter of a block of shop bought puff pastry.
Large tin of pears - drained.
A few pieces of chopped ginger from a jar.
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Grease a baking tray. Drain the pears well and put to one side.
3. Roll the pastry into a narrow rectangle. Cut out four pear shapes leaving a narrow border all round the edges. Cut the pastry into four pear shapes a little larger than the pears. Place onto the greased tray.
4. Place a teaspoon of apricot jam in the centre of each pastry shape. Place a pear on the pastry.
5. Cook for 12 minutes until risen and golden.
6. Chop the stem ginger into small pieces. Brush each pear and the pastry with more apricot jam. Top each pear with chopped ginger.