Saturday, August 17, 2013
Raspberry, Chocolate and Almond Cake
It made a welcome change to make a cake that isn't either filled or covered in buttercream but we did serve the cake warm with double cream poured over, and very nice it was too.
Chocolate and raspberries go really well together, the cake will keep covered for a few days in the fridge. It slices well and will freeze too.
The cake testers gave this one the thumbs up.......
I'll let you take a peek behind the curtains of Kitchen Delights new kitchen sometime in September, the finishing touches are taking longer than we anticipated.
In the meantime to make this delicious cake -
You will need:
150g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
2 large eggs
150g self-raising flour
150g ground almonds
135g dark chocolate chips
150g frozen raspberries
25g flaked almonds
Double cream to serve
1. Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
3. Beat the caster sugar and butter together until it is a light and fluffy consistency.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time and add a tablespoon of flour with the last egg, beating well. Add the milk and keep on beating.
5. Sieve the flour over the egg mixture and fold in. Add the ground almonds and chocolate chips and fold these in to the batter. Now carefully fold in the frozen raspberries.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
7. Bake for 60 minutes or until cooked through. Cool and then release the tin and leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Sieve the icing sugar and dust over the cake.
9. Best served with cream.