Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Christmas Chocolate Cupcakes
It's coming up to that time of year again! These happy little men are surrounded by snow and a dusting of silver glitter.
The cream cheese frosting makes a welcome change from the usual buttercream and pipes really well. If you find the frosting is a little soft just pop it into the fridge covered for a few minutes to firm up. Don't be tempted to use anything other than full fat cream cheese, I used Philadelphia, or you won't be able to pipe the swirls.
Makes: 12 cupcakes
You will need: a twelve hole muffin tin lined with muffin cases.
For the cupcakes:
100g self raising flour, 125g softened butter, 125g caster sugar, 2 medium eggs, 2 tablespoons milk, 3 level tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and milk, fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder until the mixture is smooth.
3. Divide the mixture between the cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
4. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting
200g Philadelphia Full Fat Cream Cheese at room temperature, 400g sifted icing sugar, 70g softened butter.
1. Simply mix all the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
2. Pipe swirls on top of the cupcakes.