Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I almost always shoot!

A friend of mine, recently published a piece in his blog titled “To Shoot or Not to Shoot”. Now the person who posted the blog item is a good friend of mine and we have been on quite a number of seascape shoots over the last couple of years. His work was one of the major influences on me to get back into photography. The blog item concerns whether, when you get out to a location site, and the conditions are not what you expected, do you shoot or not. For my friend, the answer is “no”, not if the conditions are not to your liking.

My philosophy is quite different. I too want the perfect combination of light and weather etc, but I come from it at a different angle. My motivation is to make the best of the conditions that I possibly can and try and come up with something I like, as will others, in the conditions what ever they are. I will almost always shoot. There are very few occasions where I have not come up with something worthwhile. I cannot control nature but I can control what I make of it.

This is what I came up with in conditions that were deemed to be less than perfect.

<><> <><> <><>
Magic Morning at Little Cove (south of Little Bay, Sydney)

I am quite happy with the result and my philosophy suits me well. I expect that there are others that will always be a better photographer than me, but I think I may enjoy my photography more.




No comments:

Post a Comment