Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Afternoon Tea in Birmingham


Question - where can we go for a traditional afternoon tea in Birmingham?

Unfortunately there are only a few places to choose from and the best of the few options was the Hyatt Regency. We had a champagne afternoon tea in elegant surroundings and it was perfect. Champagne, finger sandwiches, cakes and pastries, all beautifully presented. The staff are very helpful, and they made it a wonderful afternoon for us.


I ordered a coffee latte and it came with lots of very fine layers - has anyone seen coffee with so many layers? My coffee looked fabulous and didn't disappoint on taste either.

NOTE:  Since writing this post in 2010 afternoon tea at the Hyatt has been brought up to date and looks fabulous.  Whilst at the Hyatt for a meal, the next table were enjoying afternoon tea and it looked amazing - February 2013.

FOODIE GIFTS


My son spoilt me with some foodie gifts he bought from the Algerian Coffee Stores in London.

Sfizio Bronte Pistachio Cantucci, Formula Rossa Coffee, Zotter Pistachios Chocolate Bar, Chocolate Nougat, an artistic tea ball (this is tightly rolled tea which opens when infused to unveil flowers inside) and Xocolata Pedra (you break a piece of chocolate off the block and melt it with your milk to make a rich hot chocolate).

So far I've eaten the pistachio chocolate bar and also the chocolate nougat, it's not a difficult task working my through all of this - of course I've shared this with my husband, you don't think I would eat all of this by myself - do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment