Saturday, February 3, 2007

Audio Editing Software

As a mac user, I normally use Apple's iTunes to download the tracks recorded on my M-Audio and edit these on GarageBand. Nothing could be easier than the combination of these two programs. However, I have also used Audacity, which is a free open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.

Why have I used Audacity? Well, it's because it allows me to record a perfectly silent soundtrack when I want a non-aural slideshow. You see, Soundslides is audio-driven which means that it builds the sequencing of images on an audio track. If I have no audio, I cannot create a Soundslides slideshow. However, the way around that is to record a 'silent' track, and incorporate into one's slideshow and it works perfectly. You can refer to my earlier post on Soundslides for its tutorial.

A reader of this blog suggested that I write about the audio tools I use, prompting my two Audio posts today. Thanks, Cathy!

Here's Audacity's website Audacity

No comments:

Post a Comment