Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Jamie Oliver Cast Aluminium Range Grill Pan by Tefal - Review

Tefal Jamie Oliver Cast Aluminium Range Grill Pan
measures 29cm x 25cm
I've just had an induction hob fitted in my kitchen and this grill pan is perfect, although the pan can be used on all other heat sources too.  My old pan can't be used on induction and I've been looking round for some time now to get a replacement.  The options are either cast iron which are very heavy, or a few others which were lighter to handle but I wasn't convinced they would last or cook very evenly. This pan is more lightweight than cast iron and very strong and sturdy. Tefal is a trusted name and a brand I have used before and I knew I was going to be in for a treat when I was offered the pan to review.
Grilled salmon, crushed peas with mint and potatoes boulangere
Grill pans encourage me to cook healthier food, I came back from my annual holiday a couple of weeks ago and now thinking ahead to all the Christmas food I'm about to consume, I'm going to try and plan my meals carefully.

The pan is very roomy and you can easily cook four to six salmon steaks or chicken breast fillets at the same time.  Salmon takes about 3 or 4 minutes each side to cook.  I always oil the food and not the pan and this pan only requires a minimum of oil because it is non-stick. The underside of the handle is silicone for a non-slip grip and it stays cool too.


The pan has the patented Thermospot which is a great feature, simply put the pan on the heat and wait until the red pattern on the spot in the middle of the pan disappears and becomes a solid red spot. The pan will be at the optimum heat to sear and cook.

Parmesan chicken with griddled sweetcorn
Delicious grilled pineapple - simply baste the pineapple with honey 
Chicken marinated in soy sauce, Worcester sauce and brown sugar
The pan is really easy to clean. I cooked the pineapple in the pan first, let the pan cool a little and then gave it a quick wash in soapy water. Afterwards I cooked the chicken - any debris in the pan comes off easily with soapy water.

The base of the pan 
Oven safe to 260ºC - meat can be seared on the pan and then finished cooking in the oven.
Pro-metal hard non-stick interior.
Metal utensils can be safely used, excluding whisks and knives.
Heats quickly.
Even heat distribution.
Food stays beautifully moist.
Hand washing recommended - not a chore though because debris comes off easily.

Available from Debenhams - Price £70

Thank you to Tefal for the grill pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment