Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bart Smokehouse Spice Rubs

I brushed the chicken with oil, placed it in the marinade bag,
sprinkled the rub over the chicken and turned the bag over a few times to coat the chicken
Thank goodness for wall to wall sunshine and those magical words 'let's have a barbecue'.  I often make my own rubs but these Bart Smokehouse Spice Rubs are very convenient to use.  All the rub ingredients come in a sealed pouch and also included in the box is a cellophane bag to enclose your meat whilst it marinades for a few hours. If the sun doesn't shine place the chicken in the oven in the cellophane bag and roast until cooked - the roasting bag will keep the chicken nice and succulent.

I used the Lemon & Sweet Pepper Marinade Rub which is inspired by the Australian sunshine, red and green peppers give this rub a great colour and the lemon oil provides an intense taste.

Perfectly barbecued chicken, Bart guarantee that there are never any fillers,
artificial colourings, flavour enhancers or other nasties in their spices.
I liked the convenience of a ready made rub and the lemon flavour really came through.  My chicken was succulent and juicy and I'm looking forward to using the other rubs which I have been sent to try.

Other marinades in the range:
Smokey Chipotle Marinade Rub
Mediterranean Marinade Rub
New York Steak Marinade Rub
Tandoori Marinade Rub

The Bart Ingredients Marinade Rubs are available at Ocado, Waitrose, independents and delicatessens price £1.49.

I was sent the marinade rubs for the purposes of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment