Monday, October 1, 2007

Print Space (NYC)

A couple of weeks ago, I had some of my Bali and Bhutan photographs printed at Print Space, and chose to have them done on its Chromira printer. I had read that the Chromira exposes photographic paper or film at 300 pixels per inch (ppi) in 36 bit color using Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), and using ZBE's proprietary Resolution Enhancement Technology, the image is sharpened to a visual resolution of 425 ppi.

What I like a lot about the large prints I got is that, unlike large format inkjet output, there here is no "dot pattern", and there are no inks used that can smudge or fade.

I can vouch for the extremely nice staff and attentive service. I just walked in, asked a few questions and got my large prints the following day, and I'm absolutely delighted with the results.

Apart from the Chromira 30 for digital C-Print output, Print Space offers a wide range of features and options to help make professional B&W fiber, RC, and Color C-prints. It also offers dip'n'dunk C-41 film processing, and drum-quality Imacon 848 & 949 scanner rental.

Print Space (212 255 1919) is located at 151 West 19th Street NY 10011 (8th floor).

Print Space

No comments:

Post a Comment