Sunday, September 26, 2010

CSN Review


I have been fortunate to be asked again by CSN Stores to review a selection of items from their wonderful sites.

From Cookware By CSN I ordered Pillivuyt Ramekins, one of the oldest and most prestigious brands of French porcelain. The ramekins can be used directly from freezer to oven or microwave, and can withstand temperatures ranging from -25 to 300°C. Pillivuyt products always look classy and just eating from them makes the food taste even better.


To go alongside the ramekins, I needed a cooks blowtorch to enable me to make Creme Brulee. I chose a KitchenCraft Master Class Deluxe Professional easy to use and also very easy to get a good brulee topping. I need more practice and must next time tell myself not to overload the ramekins or there won't be room for the crunchy topping and the filling will start to overflow! Now I will be able to use the torch for skinning tomatoes, peppers, browning meringues, the list is endless.


Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised 26cm Chef's Pan is made by Meyer, a trusted, well known company. The pan will be great for making bolognese sauces or chilli con carne - I like to double up and make one freeze one - for a rainy or lazy day. The pan is non stick, has even heat distribution, can be put in the oven, is easy to clean or you can put the pan in the dishwasher. The price for this pan on the CSN site is £56.99 with free delivery. I had a look in my local department store only last week and they were retailing the same pan for £90.00! For my last CSN review I chose the skillet which is in the same range as the Chef's Pan and I am really pleased with this too.


Circulon Elite Hard Anodized Square Grill Pan - this too is non stick, oven safe up to 180°C and comes with a lifetime customer satisfaction guarantee. I chose this grill pan to replace my tired old one and also because I think Circulon pans have hob appeal! I couldn't wait to use it and made delicious paprika chicken - I'll post this on the blog soon.


KitchenCraft Master Class Ladle with White Handle - it would be foolish to use metal utensils in the Circulon non-stick pans and this eye catching ladle will be perfect for using with the Chef's Pan.


Chicago Metallic 12 Cup Madeleine Pan - as an avid collector of baking tins of all shapes and sizes, this pan will make me very happy! I have several Chicago Metallic pans and have been really happy with them. Madeleine's have seen a revival recently and I can't wait to seek out some recipes and to try out my new baking tin.

Ordering and tracking is easy, as soon as your order has been shipped you are sent an email with tracking information. The Chef's Pan took only two business days to arrive at my home and everything else arrived very quickly too. Also, with CSN there is the added benefit of Customer Service support, should you need to use this. All of my parcels have been well packed both internally and externally.

Thank you Eileen.

No comments:

Post a Comment